





The Environmental Clean Up
If you ever take the time to look at the beautiful environment you will see that it's not so beautiful anymore. Litter is everywhere! So how can it become beautiful again? Well, making a difference could change everything. Let me explain . . .
Our environment is dirty with litter all because of the careless people who live in it. They are too lazy to throw stuff away so they just throw it on the ground. (Not to be rude, but it's true.) If all this keeps up then we will have an over-littered environment. So please don't litter! Here's how I will make a difference that will clean up this place.
Everyone has seen litter before. Paper blowing in the wind, crunched up pop cans and plastic gloves are all over the place. Here's what I do and will keep doing, when I see litter. I put on plastic gloves, pick up the litter, and put it in a plastic bag to throw away later. Who knows? Someone might catch on!
Here's the difference that I will have made . . .
There won't be pop cans and plastic gloves on the ground or paper blowing in the wind. I'll help clean up the environment so please join me to make the world beautiful again!
Katelyn Jones 11.2.07
The Big Difference
One day I was walking,
When a piece of paper floated by,
So I jumped up and snatched it,
Right out of the big blue sky.
Then I saw something glisten,
A tin can laying on the ground,
So I strolled over and picked it up,
When I saw the Styrofoam cup.
This I picked up too,
Along with a bottle of glue, and a button,
And some yarn, an old paper horn,
And old shoes that looked very worn.
In this way, I worked all day,
Until all the litter was gone,
And I realized that I had made a difference,
A big one.
By Katelyn Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment