Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Stuff!

Stuff. We all have it and our family is stuffed to the brim with "stuff". For the past week I've been gutting the house, getting rid of the "stuff" and reorganizing drawers. I've been doing it one room at a time and yesterday it came time to go through our bedrooms. We decided to give each girl a bag and told them to fill it up with their stuff or we'll do it for them. We explained to them that they have a lot of stuff and will get more in the years to come. That it's healthy to learn how to get rid of the old stuff. Our motto is, "If you haven't worn/played/used it in a year then it needs to go."

It was amazing to see the girls going to work on their rooms. Emily was a cleaning machine and got rid of stuff I never dreamed she's part with. Her room is half empty. Katelyn is more of a saver so it's taking her more time to weed through her room. But, she's making an effort to learn that it's just stuff.

Our guest bedroom was the first room to get cleaned out but it's now piled high with stuff to go to the Goodwill. The picture doesn't do it justice as I couldn't get it all in.

The ever growing pile of stuff!

No comments: