Here is what Grandpa Dave had to say about their time together in an e-mail he sent to us:
"We had a pretty fun time last night. Grandma did the spoil thing with the Webkinz. I couldn't let her steal the show completely so Katelyn and I went down and got a couple of three-ring binders and several nine-pocket plastic pages to put their Webkinz cards in for safe keeping. They thought that was a cool idea.
We pigged out on pizza, and then the girls and I played what turned out to be a marathon game of Crazy Eights with a Dora deck of cards. It wasn't as interesting as Uno, but it was a real battle. Em once went from having most of the deck in her hand to one card, and Katelyn wound up winning which of course was just what was needed to keep the evening rolling along in a merry way without any pouting.
After popcorn and the movie, and a decision was made to have Snore Gramps sleep in the extra bedroom while the "ladies" took over the Master bedroom. I heard them all yakking into the night while I drifted off to sleep." - Grandpa Dave
As you can see, they were spoiled, loved upon and had a great time. We ended our day learning how to play Guitar Hero on the Wii.
No comments:
Post a Comment