Tuesday, December 08, 2009

In Honor and Reminder

Just over a week ago Eric and I woke up to the news that 4 officers were injured in a shooting. Shortly thereafter we learned that all lost their lives and the events have been unfolding ever since.

I can honestly say that that day rocked not only my world but Eric's, the law enforcement community and beyond. Lives were lost in a senseless act of hate. Many lost co-workers, friends, a wife/mother/daughter and husbands/fathers/sons that day. The rest of us felt it hit too close to home knowing that we too send out our loved ones to serve and protect knowing they may not come home.

I post this photo as a reminder to Eric, us and his family of the oath he took to serve and protect our community. He took the oath but we, as his family, took it along side of him in support of the path God had placed him on.

On my honor,
I will never betray my badge,
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.
I will always have
the courage to hold myself
and others accountable for our actions.
I will always uphold the constitution
my community and the agency I serve.

- The Law Enforcement Oath of Honor

Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the fallen officers today. May God grant them the strength they need to say good-bye to their loved ones.

Pinning Eric's badge on him the day he graduated from the Academy.

1 comment:

Rebecca-Lynne said...

It must be an honor to be married to a man who risk his life for others. He is a very blessed man to be married to you, who not only shares in his experiences but support what he does.