Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

Today we decided to hit the pumpkin patch while the weather was still nice. This year we thought it would be fun to go through the WA State Corn Maze as a family. I know, I actually wanted to go through it again :-) You see, I knew that Eric could get us through and not get lost so I had total trust in him and he became our designated guide.

We had a good time visiting all the mountains, Spokane, Newport and Cusick. Even came across Flowery Trail Road if you can believe it! For those who don't know . . . . it's the road that takes you up to the house where Eric grew up. We also enjoyed going over the bridge at Vantage and were delighted to run into the State Capitol building. Another little insight for those who are wondering why we'd delight in the State Capitol building . . . . every time we drive by it for real I have to mention that I've been to the top of it. I guess I did that without knowing it until Eric started to point it out and now it has become a joke.

Afterwards we had lunch and then wondered into the pumpkin patch where it didn't take us long to find our pumpkins and go home. The rain had started to fall and we were all cold and tired.

Going on a hay ride to the corn maze.

Spokane, our home away from home.

Gotta love Newport!

Hey, I think we know this road!

Cusick, Eric's childhood home.

No explanation needed :-)

On the bridge at Vantage.

Searching for our next road.

Taking the side roads are always interesting and way too narrow.

At Ft. Vancouver.

Say, did you know that I've been to the top of the State Capitol Building?

The Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Seattle!

We made it!

Em watching the Duck races.

Searching for our pumpkins.

Em's pumpkin.

Katelyn's pumpkin.

Got our pumpkins and we're ready to go home.

No comments: