As most of you know, we acquired 6 Stick Bugs from our friends, John and David Rutherford. At first they were very cute and tiny yet as all living things do, they grew to these big yucky bugs. As the months came and went we anxiously waited for little babies to hatch but none did. I have no idea what the life span of a Stick Bug is but I'm thinking 8 months is plenty long. This past month they started to look like they were "wearing out" and we only have 2 original bugs left. The girls loved having them but have recently not taken care of them and I decided not to either. Probably the reason why they're "wearing out". I was happy to have had them and see them through their little lives with no new ones.
On the way home from the school I thinking I could clean out the cages and be done with them. HA! NOT! This afternoon after the girls got home from school Emily found a tiny little baby Stick Bug. GREAT! I had to go out and pick some Ivy and clean out the cages so the poor little thing wouldn't suffer like it's parents did. So far there is only one but I've got a feeling more are to follow. At least I hope so as Katelyn is upset because she doesn't have any yet.
I'm thinking by this Summer we'll have to transplant them to some field in Spokane. Anyone want a Stick Bug?
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment