Sunday, April 01, 2007

Day 2 at the Ocean

Our second day at the ocean wasn't as sunny. The weather changed from sunny to rain off and on throughout the day. Emily decided that she was bored when we didn't get out the door fast enough for her taste. Thus, I decided to help her cure her boredom by giving her a broom. She ended up sweeping the whole first level of the cottage as the phrase, "I'm bored" kept on coming out of her sweet little mouth.

We had a great day hanging out in Ocean Shores. Ate at a burger place that was dirty and run down but the food was good. What can I say, it's a small beach town burger joint. The girls discovered that Ocean Shores isn't all that great and I can honestly say it really hasn't changed that much in 17 years.

After lunch we took the kids on the Go Carts. Emily was too short to go on the Go Carts but she road with Eric on the Slick Cars and with me on the Bumper Cars. Katelyn did great on both but had a hard time on the Go Carts as she was really too short for them.

At the time we were on the Go Carts it was cold and windy so we decided to hop into the ice cream parlor for ice cream. Yes, you read right, we warmed up on cold ice cream. After our snack we went into a few shops and bought seashells and Ocean Shores shirts.

Grandpa Mike, Grandma Vel and I took a short stroll around Seabrook and checked out the other cottages before it got too dark. Then the girls, Eric and Grandma Vel ended the day in the hot tub under the clouds and in the rain and hail.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments: