Grandma and Grandpa found us the game "Pay Day" so we've been obsessed with it playing it every day. Humm, I seem to remember Lee and I playing it like obsessed crazy kids when we were growing up too.
On Monday Katelyn went to Build-A-Bear for her friend's birthday party. Eric, Em and I hung out at the Mall while she did the Build-A-Bear thing. We had a good time eating at the food court. That same day Katelyn got a rug and chair for under her bed complements of the Grandparents. She loves to sit in her chair and read.
On Tuesday we had to deal with attitudes as the grumpies are starting to come out. Happens every August which means it's time for school to start. That day we had to literally force them to go out in the back yard to play. What normal child doesn't want to play outside in the summer? It was crazy. After the grumpies left them they did find it in themselves to play soccer together. It's so nice to have a back yard to play in! Even Kozmo enjoyed that we are now able to join him in his back yard.
On Wednesday we took the kids to the Family Swim at the pool. It was fun to hang out in the warm water watching the girls play. Katelyn and Eric spent their time jumping off the diving board doing silly things. Em spent her time doing cannon balls off the side of the pool. I just grabbed a noodle and floated around watching Emily.
Thursday found us cleaning the church. Both girls swept and moped the floors, emptied garbage and dusted the sanctuary. Emily even found that it's fun to wash windows. While at church the girls got into another fight and earned the privilege of cleaning their own house. It was GREAT! I took care of the bath/showers, Katelyn got the toilets and Em the sinks. They even vacuumed the floors for me. I discovered that although Emily likes to have a messy room, that she really enjoys cleaning. She went a little crazy with the Windex. She does have a little bit of me in her after all!
Lastly, we got rid of our stick bugs. Yes, Krista, a.k.a. Dr. Kevorkian, killed them off by starving them to death. We did have one hardy one that survived so I let it go out in the woods. I'm sure it won't survive but at least it has a fighting chance.









No comments:
Post a Comment